Teachers are the mainstay of The Life Skills & Leadership Program and Foundation’s initiatives. It is through them that the curriculum is transacted in the classroom. Understanding the importance of empowering teachers, tGELF organizes several training sessions with the endeavour to train them in cutting edge education concepts. Experts from round the world are invited to interact with faculty members and give them the knowledge and skills needed to create holistic classooms. The objective of these sessions is to familiarize teachers with new concepts, give them a platform for collaborative learning and sharing of best practices.
The Foundation also collaborates with Universities and Organizations to initiate Certifications for teachers.
Selected Topics of tGELF workshops/certificates:
- Assessments and use of Rubrics
- Understanding and Resolving Ethical Dilemmas
- Emotional Intelligence/Multiple Intelligence Theory
- Whole Brain Learning
- GoodWork Certification by Project Zero, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Lateral Thinking
- Personal Brand Identity
- Understanding Oneself using the Technique of Meditation
- Use of Media in Classroom
- Promoting Citizenship in Classrooms
- Effective Teaching Strategies
The Foundation also facilitates domestic and international teacher exchanges with the objective of providing a global platform and exposure to the Indian teachers.